Location: Baywood Greens
Baywood, a beautiful golf course community located in southern Delaware, has over thirty acres of gardens that are maintained throughout the 500 acre property and include naturalized wetlands and ponds, woodland parks, mixed borders, and extensive seasonal displays. We are looking for a qualified individual for a full time position to assist the Section Lead with daily operations.
The selected candidate will report to and assist the Section Lead with any and all aspects of daily operations including, but not limited to:
• Plan, schedule, supervise and actively participate in maintaining and enhancing permanent and seasonal garden/landscape plantings through weed and pest control, pruning, planting, mulching, feeding, grooming, etc.
• Communicate with residents, golfers and the general public
• Install and maintain seasonal plant displays for exhibit or education
• Maintain records, files and inventory as required and related to area of responsibility.
• Operate a wide variety of landscape equipment and vehicles.
• Assist with other grounds maintenance activities including, but not limited to, removal and disposal of trash, leaf clean up, snow removal, holiday/seasonal displays
• Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner
• A High School Diploma or GED
• Three to five years’ work related experience.
• A valid Delaware driver license.
• Associate or bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field
• Substantial knowledge in plant identification to our growing area
• Garden/landscape design and maintenance experience
• Great communication skills
We offer an excellent compensation package with competitive benefits.